Ice and Watershield
225 Square feet roll allows for 200 square feet of coverage with correct overlaps. Ripcord® split release makes it easier to waterproof detail areas. Winter weather can wreak havoc on your roof, causing damage from snow and ice accumulation, and water infiltration. That’s why it’s important to invest in a high-quality roof ice and water shield to protect your home from the elements. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what to consider when picking the best roof ice and water shield for your home.
- Material: Roof ice and water shields are made from a variety of materials, including asphalt-saturated felt, rubber, and polymer. Asphalt-saturated felt is a traditional material that is durable and cost-effective, but it is not as flexible as rubber or polymer. Rubber and polymer roof ice and water shields are more expensive, but they are more flexible and offer better protection against water infiltration.
- Adhesive: The adhesive used to attach the roof ice and water shield to your roof is just as important as the material itself. Look for a product with a strong, permanent adhesive that will not deteriorate over time. A weak adhesive could result in the shield peeling away from the roof during winter weather, leaving your home vulnerable to water infiltration.
- Compatibility: It’s important to choose a roof ice and water shield that is compatible with the type of roofing material you have. Some products are designed specifically for asphalt shingle roofs, while others work well with metal or tile roofs. Make sure to choose a product that is compatible with your roofing material to ensure the best protection.
- Size and Coverage: The size and coverage of the roof ice and water shield is important to consider. Look for a product that covers the entire roof deck, including the eaves and valleys, to ensure complete protection from water infiltration. A larger size also provides more coverage, which can help prevent water infiltration.
- Breathability: The roof ice and water shield should allow for proper ventilation of your attic space. Without proper ventilation, the build-up of moisture can cause rot and mold, which can be costly to repair. Look for a product that is breathable, which will help maintain proper ventilation and prevent damage to your roof.
- Warranty: When choosing a roof ice and water shield, it’s important to consider the warranty offered by the manufacturer. Look for a product with a strong warranty that will protect your investment for years to come. A good warranty will provide peace of mind, knowing that your investment is protected.
- Cost: Cost is always a consideration when making any home improvement purchase. While it’s important to choose a high-quality product, it’s also important to stay within your budget. Look for a product that offers the best combination of quality and affordability to ensure the best protection for your home.
In conclusion, choosing the best roof ice and water shield is an important decision that will help protect your home from winter weather. By considering the material, adhesive, compatibility, size and coverage, breathability, warranty, and cost, you can find the perfect product to meet your needs. Investing in a high-quality roof ice and water shield is a smart choice that will provide peace of mind and help protect your home for years to come.
Showing all 6 results
Wholesale Ice and Watershield *off-spec*$42.70 Add to cart
HENRY EAVEGUARD ICE AND WATERSHIELD “A” GRADE$58.71 Add to cart
(30 rolls) Wholesale High Temp Ice and Watershield *off-spec*$1,537.20 Add to cart
Wholesale High Temp Ice and Watershield Truckload *off-spec* (600 rolls)$24,339.00 Add to cart
Wholesale Ice and Watershield Truckload *off-spec* (750 rolls)$26,420.63 Add to cart
Van Boxel Brand High Temperature Ice and Watershield$80,062.50 Add to cart